Sunday, April 10, 2005

Clarification

One friend has called to say that they thought that this particular recent post was High School-ish. Another friend has written to say she thinks I'm being too controlling (She has MAJOR issues about being controlled, but I digress...)

To the last Commenter on that post (who I know and love immensely)...Please continue to read ALL you want... That's not what I'm saying...

Let me clarify a bit:

I was personally visiting and reading about 100 other blogs per week on my Blog Roll... And I was commenting on many of them...

So I simply had to cut back...

I used the sensible (and perhaps selfish) criteria that people that were visiting and commenting on my blog too, I would definitely KEEP on the Blog Lines list... Some of these I have a real ongoing informal dialogue with...

And the fellow Bloggers who never ever seemed to lift a finger to click on mine, I'm not gonna read regularly anymore.

It was taking me several hours each week to make it through the over-stuffed Blog Roll...

I haven't all that time to sit here in front of a computer...

Actually I have the time... it's the energy that I don't have...

That's all I'm saying...

Thanks for reading and thanks for all the commenters. Thanks too for all the readers who rarely or never comment.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

(Image from Dade Schools).

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Happy Sunday morning to you HK!
I understand what you are saying. There are a few blogs I try to read, but do not often have time to leave comments. My list consists of about only 6 that I read on a regular basis..I cannot imagine trying to read through a hundred of them! Just know that I do regularly read yours :)
Hope the week is a good one for you!

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense to me.

xoxoxox
Hannah

Glenn said...

I use my blogroll to allow other people to meet and expand. I've heard about this RSS feed thing, but I can't be bothered until this summer to figure it out.

I sit back about once a month and cram blogs. I can't imagine reading hundreds of blogs on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

I comment on a lot of blogs and don't write one myself. So I'm in a whole category altogether different, I guess.

Mike Buckingham