(Doing a little updating on August 17, 2010 of this post written in July 2005)
1. I live in Hell's Kitchen, NYC.
2. I was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. (I can still do a mean Bawlamer accent, Hon!)
3. I'm a gay man.
4. I'm a Cancerian to the core. My rising sign is in Libra and the moon is in Pisces. (Image from PV).
5. I am the eldest child, eldest sibling, eldest cousin, eldest nephew, eldest grandchild, and eldest great-grandchild in my generation.
6. I had a very good career as a professional show business performer. I earned a nice living doing what I loved. Until I got bored with it.
7. I’m one degree of separation from Kevin Bacon.
8. I re-invented myself at age 40, and started a second career as an educator.
9. I earned a Masters Degree from an Ivy League university at age 42.
10. The first 45rpm record I ever bought was "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies in 1969.
11. The first live concert I ever attended was Barry Manilow in 1979.
12. While still a teenager, I had an ongoing affair with a circus Ringmaster.
13. I’m rarely late for anything.
14. I have never held a handgun.
15. I have good teeth.
16. I have never ridden a horse. I have ridden a donkey, a camel, and an elephant.
17. I’ve worn eyeglasses since the second grade.
18. I have never missed a flight.
19. I have never gone scuba-diving, skydiving or ballooning. There’s still time.
20. I was a Boy Scout. (Image from MM)
21. My first car was a used 1969 red Ford Falcon. It was called the Red Racer.
22. I once owned an AMC Gremlin.
23. I don't own a vehicle today. I use mass transit.
24. In high school I was voted Most Dynamic Personality in my graduating class. I performed in all the school's musicals, and was in just about every extra-curricular club you can imagine. In fact, I am listed on more pages in the index of the Class of 1976 high school yearbook than anyone else in the school.
25. I was manager of the high school lacrosse team when I was 16. I gave out the towels. ;-)
26. I'm a Democrat. Seem to be getting more Liberal the older I get!
27. I have never done drag. Although I do a mean Carol Channing impression and think Lypsinka is brilliant.
28. I have never been in a fistfight.
29. My career is represented in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution by an artifact I had donated to them, at their request.
30. I've performed twice at the White House for two different presidents.
31. I am still in touch with several friends from my childhood. (I love my Bub, BMB and Kimba). Facebook has magically put me in touch with so many more!...
32. I own the entire DVD set for Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. (It was the only DVD that set I owned until I got the whole 1960's series Lost in Space. Now I own two series! Woohoo!).
33. The first live action movie I ever saw was The Sound of Music. The first animated feature I ever saw was Disney's Pinocchio.
34. My IQ in elementary school was 140.
35. I’m a dog person. My first pet, as a child was a white Persian cat. But I really loved my childhood dog. I had a dog recently. Dogs are good. He died of cancer at a young age in 2009.
36. My favorite actress is my friend Julie Halston.
37. The late Nancy LaMott is my favorite singer and was my friend.
38. My favorite male cabaret entertainer is Sidney Myer, another friend.
39. I love Lady Donothing. And Postal Lady. Lady Gaga is interesting.
40. I’m HIV negative.
41. I’m 6’ and 1.5” tall. I weigh 186 pounds at the moment.
42. I’ve always been a morning person.
43. I usually drink half-caff coffee. Sometimes de-caff. Or tea.
44. When I was a kid, we lived on property that bordered on woods. I grew up in the woods and loved box turtles.
45. I don’t smoke. Never did. Never will.
46. I’ve never done drugs. I've never PNP'd. Never will. Gave up drinking alcohol at age 50. I've had enough to drink, thank you... One day at a time...
47. Eisenhower was president when I was born.
48. My favorite baseball team is the Yankees. Though, I wouldn’t kick a Mets player out of bed.
49. I read The New York Times every morning.
50. I enjoy sleeping.
51. I can read and write braille. Though very slooooowly...
52. I’m of German, Irish, Dutch and Scottish descent. A 2009 DNA test reveals I am of Nigerian descent. Kewl!
53. My mother went into labor with me while at an Independence Day picnic in 1958.
54. I can speak and sing in Pig Latin. (Uently-flay).
55. I still carry a PALM pilot, and a Motorola Cliq.
56. I'm was an ENFP (Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving) type on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for many years. This year, I came up as ENFJ. Less perceiving and more judging. Does this make me a bad person? LOL
57. I’ve had three "relationships". None were live-ins.
58. I once lost 35 pounds on the South Beach Diet.
59. I like ethnic foods.
60. I was president of the Pi Kappa Delta fraternity in college.
61. I walk fast.
62. I like diner breakfasts.
63. I happily live in a 500 sq. ft. studio apartment.
64. I love, love, love exploring New York City.
65. I cry at hokey movies (and parades).
66. I’ve lived in Baltimore, MD; Brooklyn, NY; Fort Lauderdale, FL; and New York, NY. I much prefer the latter.
67. I’m a trained peer counselor.
68. I collect: Disney-ana, masks, and puppets.
69. I have sent thousands of postcards to loved ones.
70. I’ve had my name with a star on my own trailer door on the set of a major motion picture.
71. As a young kid I was always much more content to hang with the adults than with the other kids.
72. I was very close to my two grandmothers. (Never really knew my grandfathers. They died young).
73. I still have furniture in my apartment that belonged to my ancestors.
74. My first computer was the Commodore 64. It was $99.
75. My first NYC apartment rent was $150 per month in 1981. My last rental was $1300 per month in 2003.
76. I’ve completed A Course in Miracles, studied Abraham, and Science of Mind. I was an EST graduate in the 1970's. I’m essentially an optimist.
77. I avoid organized religion.
78. I was obsessed with getting mail as a youngster.
79. I hate award shows. (Even the ones where I was the one getting awards)...
80. I double-majored in Mass Communication and Public Address as an undergraduate. I graduated college in 1980. Cum laude.
81. I competed in Forensic speech competition in college. I placed nationally.
82. I was less than half a mile from the World Trade Center on 9/11/2001.
83. I prefer winter to summer. I abhor summer humidity and really don’t mind the cold. I find the cold invigorating. I like sweaters and down comforters.
84. My first ever celebrity crush was on Will Robinson on Lost in Space when we were about the same age in the mid-1960’s. I still have a soft spot for redheads.
85. I “hunt and peck” on the keyboard.
86. I am almost always multi-tasking.
87. I don’t much like talking on the telephone.
88. I love my DVR. Don't know how I lived without it.
89. I’ve seen the Aurora Borealis in Alaska.
90. I first started blogging in August 2001.
91. I never wear a necktie. Didn’t own any for most of my life. Just bought one in 2009 to have on hand. I've worn it twice.
92. I still have my tonsils. I no longer have an appendix or adenoids.
93. My parents are still alive and healthy in their late 70's. I love them both, and thank God everyday for their continued good health and independence.
94. The first time I was ever published was a letter I wrote to the Archie Comics fan club in 1970. In 2010, an international encyclopedia published several articles that they paid me to write.
95. The first time I was ever interviewed on television was by Oprah Winfrey on WJZ-TV in 1980.
96. The New York Times once called me “amiable and sweet natured”. LOL
97. I have traveled around the world three times. I'm grateful to have had that opportunity, but I have no desire to go anywhere these days.
98. I've lost more than 40 friends and associates to AIDS. They have taught me to seize each day.
99. I like to help people to lighten up and to look for the humor in most situations. That's pretty much my personal mission statement.
100. Thanks... But.. 99 was more than enough...