Friday, July 15, 2005

Continuing Clutter-Free Crusade

Still busy with apartment stuff. Am on a clutter-free roll that will likely take me through the weekend....

Kitten bopped over and talked me out of a red wall idea and maybe into an olive green wall idea. Just one wall for a splash of color? Still thinkin about it though... Decisions, decisions....

Got to the gym this morning... Feels great to sweat on the cross trainer for a half hour. This time of year, it's too humid to enjoy the brisk walks around town that are really my favorite form of exercise... Weighed in at 177. Lower than my original target and I still think there's a few pounds yet to lose. So far none of my friends have looked at me in horror!

Maybe I'll see what it's like at 175 and then move officially into Phase Three of the South Beach Diet to maintain it. Right now, I can pull last summer's onetime tight denim shorts on and off while they are fully snapped and zipped. Who'd a thunk it? I need to buy some belts!

Unearthing lots of crazy things today... One oddity looks like a live bullet... very old. Probably WW II vintage, and something I picked up as a kid from my grandparent's junk drawer... Or, maybe, it was in the drawers of some of the antique furniture that I got from her side of the family.

Several relatives from that side of the family were apparently in the military. I have a very cool antique USN pin that I wear sometimes with a jacket...Several different types of metals are in it. Needs to be polished. But the tarnish is part of it's charm, if you ask me...

But, what the hell can I do with this live bullet? I've never even held a handgun. Could it 'go off'? I guess I can't just throw it in the trash.... But then, it's not a grenade or anything... So, I guess it couldn't really fire or anything... I'll put it someplace safe til I figure it out... (Which is probably what I've been doing with it ever since I first found it at age 12!)...

Meanwhile, it's back to work around here...

Making progress... Not perfection. But definite progress...

The idea of getting a 'storage unit' in the neighborhood is sounding more and more like a stellar idea... But these things cost a fortune here on the Isle of Manh...

While I think about it... Have a great weekend, everyone...

Now back to the sorting... My motto, in the freely amended words of the late Johnnie Cochran, Jr: "If it does not fit, throw out that sh*t!"

(Images from Amazon and Atlanta University Center, respectively).

5 comments:

Johnny Crow said...

You have no idea how much you crack me up... man.

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to tidy up!

xoxoxox
Hannah

dAAve said...

Maybe framing the bullet. Small frame with black velvet backing. Just the bullet in the frame.

Spencer said...

Have a wonderful weekend looks like you could use one!

Anonymous said...

Damn, you've been busy.

I love your Cohran quote. ROFL.

Mike Buckingham