Monday, March 03, 2008

Pandora Spocks


Wouldn't that make a great Drag Name??

"On the television show Bewitched the character of Serena (Samantha's clever cousin) was credited as "Pandora Spocks", even though the two characters were played by the same person (Elizabeth Montgomery). When said aloud, it was Pandora's Box -- interesting, none the less, since whenever Serena was there, a Pandora's Box was definitely opened".

-- According to AWADmail Issue 296, Mar 2, 2008 A Compendium of Feedback on the Words in A.Word.A.Day and Other Interesting Tidbits about Words and Languages.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Even as a young girl, I wanted to tell Samantha to tell Darren to go screw himself. I could never figure out why he did not want her to use her witchcraft.

citygirl15 said...

Growing up, Bewitched was one of my favorite shows.

Don Cummings said...

I fucking LOVED SERENA. And JEANIE'S EVIL SISTER, too.
Genius.

Scott W said...

Pandora Spocks says:

If I die before
I wake up,
please don't let me
smudge my makeup.

I have a little sign that someone made that says that with her picture on it.

Michael said...

OMG, I am a huge Bewitched fan and I never new this. How brilliant. And how gay!