Friday, April 13, 2012

Winding Down Spring Break 2012

Friday the 13th. I always kinda like when that happens. Something sexy about it... Must be my vampire roots...

45°F now. Going up to 66°F, they say. All good, I say.

As usual, though, I can't quite fathom that a Spring Break has once again completely whooshed by to its final Friday...

Twas a great week though... Truly.

Discovered a nice Public Atrium at Onassis Cultural Center, NY yesterday.. 52nd/53rd. Meeting a friend on the east Side provided new New York sights. That's how NYC is. Why people that live here think they want to take a vacation elsewhere is beyond me.

Today? Meeting ol pal Rawss at Time Square's Caffe Bene . Catching up with friends old and new during a Spring Break is one of my favorite vacation activities...

And I'll make it a great weekend to boot...

My Remember The Milk subscription expires on Monday. I prefer paper and pen for some tasks. Just my nature. Though it's a great app and service if you are a computer based person... 

Last night,  took a friend to see a friend in a Nursing Home and then walked myself all the way home from waaaay Upper East Side. Stopped at a couple lil bistros for a club soda. One , I'd never been to before and always wondered about.... No need to EVER go there again... I can tell you that! LOL.

Happy 80th Birthday to Joel Grey... Here's a clip of him as a "kid" being introduced by Eddie Cantor on TV in 1954...I idolized him while in high school. Actually my first ever theatrical published review mentioned him in a comparison. Met him a few years later and told him. Damn if he wasn't one smug, prickly, bastard. I do wish him well on his 80th...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for confirming my unfounded dislike for the talented Mr Grey.

Allan S. said...

As you wind down, I'm winding up for my vakay. Looks like you made the most of yours. I am inspired and plan to do the same.