Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Only You! Not Him or Her! Only YOU!


"At the young age of 5, a bear told me that I am the only person who can prevent forest fires. Why I was chosen, I'll never know" -  Noog from NoogsCorner.

Damn if I haven't spent most of my recent mornings updating blogs, my tweets, Facebook, and haven't even gotten to my Flickr yet. I need to hire me a Social Media Secretary. Any volunteers?

"Sing your song. Dance your dance. Tell your tale." - Frank McCourt

Ohhhhh.... I LOVE  me some summer vacation... I do! I do! I do! Amazing where the days go... Friends who contemplate retirement are afraid they would have nothing to do... OMG... My staycation days and nights are chock-a-block... Anyone ever use Chock-A-Block as an expression,  anymore?


 I'd forgotten that the recently deceased Celeste Holm played the fairy godmother in 1960's television's Cinderella by Rogers and Hammerstein. Here's a nice blog piece reminiscence of Celeste Holm by Richard Skipper.

Photo at left from Ancientfaces.com

White Peaches rule!

Watermelon rocks!

Plums are good, too!

What a world! What a world! Sometimes I'm the only person on line at the local grocery store using cash and not using food stamps or welfare cards. Sad times. I blame the Republican Congress for gridlocking EVERYthing! ... What a world!

Watched "Clinton: American Experience" documentary on the DVR... Terrific PBS bio-pic of  Bill Clinton...

I wish the New York Times would get their website search engine together. Search has been screwed up for weeks as they work on some re-organization of it or something... I consider web access to their site a HUGE part of why I pay a subscription fee. And summer is my only block of time to catch up on research... So... Ack!

Q: What do Chick-fil-A, the Boy Scouts of America, and Anita Bryant all have in common?
A: H-A-T-E Even the Muppets have had enough of Chick-Fil-A.


Sensational mass murder terrorists want to be stars and big Media plays right into their hands by repeating their name over and over. Just stop it! CBS ' Bob Orr irresponsibly gave out the URL to a website where the killer bought most of his ammo cheap and without background check... Duh! What are you doing? Free advertising? Just shut up!


That Amazon.com is soooo (toooo?) easy to shop... Household items as well as books, and other media, of course... Wishlist concept of theirs is especially brilliant...

“The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." — Epictetus