Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Star Quality: The World of Noel Coward

At the Noel Coward show at NYPL Lincoln Center with Nicomar.







We both agreed the show was paper heavy...

Frankly, it would have made a better cyber exhibit than a brick and mortar one... As you can study the words much easier seated in your desk chair than standing in a gallery...

Got a kick outta the Silver Cigarette Box gift... Inscribed from Elaine Stritch in 1961 "The noisy one did NOT become a Nun" inscribed "Stritchy".
"When I have fears, as Keats had fears Of the moment I'll cease to be I console myself with vanished years Remembered laughter, remembered tears, The peace of the changing sea And remembered friends who are dead and gone. How happy they are I cannot know But happy am I who loved them so". - Noel Coward (Text from a typed sheet in a display case at New York Public Library for the Performing Arts at Lincoln Center. "Star Quality: The World of Noel Coward". On display Summer 2012)

No comments: