Tuesday, August 21, 2012

James Cordon Does It All

The New York Times piece on James Cordon of "One Man, Two Guvnors" makes him sound like the hardest working man in show business...

Good for him...

"Eight times a week since mid-April Mr. Corden, 33, has been playing Francis Henshall, a portly ne’er-do-well of ravenous appetites who finds himself working for two bosses in a faded British seaside resort in 1963... 

"In addition Mr. Corden is shooting a movie offered him by producers who saw that performance. At the same time he’s been writing the script of his next BBC television series, scheduled to start next year, taking voice lessons for his role as an aspiring opera singer in yet another film to be shot this fall and trying to meet the demands of being the father of a 16-month-old.

“Oh yeah, when I get home next month, I host a TV show, which only takes two weeks, and then I get married,” Mr. Corden said, speaking with unabashed enthusiasm in his dressing room at the Music Box Theater. 

“So all my dreams are coming true. Some people would say, ‘You can’t do all those things.’ I don’t know why. They don’t really give an answer. I think they’re probably wrong.”... 

“To be honest, I haven’t felt nearly as tired as I thought I would, because I’ve found it incredibly energizing,” he continued. 

“I mean, who knows, these are all transient things, purple patches of success, and they will come and they will go as quickly as they arrive, so it’s important to make the most of it.”... 

Good bit of philosophy: 


Mr. Corden [who has lost a substantial amount of weight] even expressed hope for more work to sate his cravings: “Now that I’m eating less, I have to fill my plate in other ways,” he said.

No comments: