Thursday, August 09, 2012

Klown

I saw the Danish film Klown the other day in the East Village...

Too wild... In both a good way and a bad way... Lots of well acted charm against a fine line toward distasteful taboo. Delightfully raunchy!

Director: Mikkel Nørgaard Producer(s): Louise Vesth Starring: Frank Hvam, Casper Christensen, Marcuz Jess Petersen, Mia Lyhne, Iben Hjejle.
 
Apparently, this Danish original film (with sub-titles) has already been optioned for an American re-make?... Be afraid. Be very afraid of whatever that will look like... I can't even imagine.

Overall... I say "See It"...

The New York Times review of Klown.

Here's the Official Website for Klown


2 comments:

Allan S. said...

It sounds scandalous. Angelika here I come.

Greg said...

I'm leery of all American remakes of foreign films. Most times, they won't be as good as the original.