Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Oh Crikey: Time for Another Hodgepodge Post

"I never miss a chance to have sex or appear on television."
- Gore Vidal, 1925-2012

Can't help but fire off these catch up posts lately... It's the Staycation, Living Life to the Fullest mode...

Leaving today for Helldersburg for a few days to see loved ones...

Baltimore Beans? Never hoid of em... But the recipe looks enticing.

I ♥ white peaches. Though the last especially big juicy one I got at the Greenmarket was $2.50. Jeezus!

My cynical view? The real point of the Mars mission? To discover new life forms that humans can exploit.

The beautiful, touching stories of  Ramadan from around the world: http://huff.to/PInsKf

Celebrity Sighting on Sunday: Woody Harrelson going up Ninth Ave (the wrong way) in the West 50's on his bike.

Sugar bad! 60 Minutes reran their piece on Sugar last night... Sugar raises bad cholesterol. Sugar feeds cancer cells...

Thoughts and prayers for the Sikh population around the world.

My first ever visit to Hell's Kitchen's "Pam Real Thai" on West 49th... Awesome Papaya seafood salad... Seafood Som Tom w/ hot peppers on the side. This was fabulous.

"Diner" the Broadway Musical? Oh,Hon... Sounds like a positively hideous idea to me...


I like that the NYTimes App in the iPad provides several days worth of articles and features... Nice to be able to catch up later...

Wow, ToddHellsKitch is ranked 24,000th on Twitter... That's a riot.

The Claim: Cold Temperatures Improve Sleep … Yes! Yes! Yes!

I don't care much for the word: "Crikey"... OK... I hate that word...

No comments: