Sunday, September 30, 2012

That Late-Sunday-Blues-Feeling

 Now there's a name for it...

Sundowning.

That sinking feeling that starts creeping in on a Sunday evening...

When the itchy, scratchy "hair shirt" of the impending work week begins to irritate...

This guy, Ric Burns, thinks it's bio-chemical...

... I agree. And I've got that gene.

See this quote from today's New York Times:

"I have a remarkable capacity to let go at the end of the day. The other three [in my family]  are susceptible to sundowning, that late-Sunday-blues feeling. They can feel the darkness of the week looming upon them. The hair shirt of Monday is hanging in the closet. I think it's totally biochemical. - Ric Burns in Sunday Routine, in the New York Times.

1 comment:

truthspew said...

I've been in a position to change up the days I start work. I find that the day doesn't matter.

It sucks going into that first day of the week.

It's why I decided I want to make a career change. I'll do the I.T. thing for a couple more years but I want to be a landlord. Enough units to deliver about $500K a year.

That comes out to 54 rental units. Totally doable - and I own most all of it in just five years. Beautiful isn't it? No more getting up on Monday/Tuesday to slog to an office. Just the occasional rent collection or repair job. That I can handle.