Monday, October 08, 2012

Android is for Democrats and Apple for Republicans!

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone over the weekend and spent great amounts of time getting it configured just so.

See, it's like this: Android gives one the opportunity to really customize the damned thing the way you like it... Unlike Apple that has everything locked into their rigid corporate structure...

I think of Apple as Republican and Android as Democrat. I prefer the latter...

Plus the Samsung Galaxy 3S has a bigger screen than iPhone 5. In this area bigger is definitely best...

And Jelly Bean upgrade is on it's way.

Still getting used to Swype... It's a third-party brilliant way to enter text... You can seamlessly switch between voice, virtual keyboard, or this other thing where you run your finger across the keyboard stopping at each letter in one continuous stroke...

Miguel at the T-Mobile Store gave me a quick demo on his phone, and he was masterful at the continual stroking thing...

Speaking of continuous stroking, the first error that my "predictive text" feature made was when I tried to write out the word  Samsung, it thought I meant Sam's Hung.

OK... I'll take it! 

4 comments:

Jessica Sideways said...

As an Apple fangirl, I do have to say that iOS has not been attractive to me given it's closed platform structure... and I was (and still am) concerned about the Mac App Store which currently infects... I mean, graces, my MacBook Pro.

When the time comes that Apple closes off the Mac entirely like they have with the iPhone... that's the point that I would stop buying Macs.

truthspew said...

Congrats on your Android phone. I've had mine for almost two years. Yes, it does have a slightly steeper learning curve than say the iPhone.

But having to use a friends iPhone I was perplexed as to why Apple doesn't include Swype.

And I have a ton of apps on my phone: ConnectBot, Wordpress, VirtualCard, ProvConnex, Power Manager, Scanner Radio Pro, myNPR, SeeClickFix, AirSync, TechCalc, Kindle, NetQ, PRI, DoubletTwist, Evi, Blacklist, Simple Last.fm, Engadget, The Invisible Universe, OpenWatch, Elixir, Compass/Leveler, Carrier IQ Finder, Vlingo, TuneIn, Zipcer, Flickr, Epicurious, ElectroDroid, This American Life, STComm, Mixology, Old School Dialer, Firefox, HopStop, EveryCircuit Free, Echolink, Echolink Finder and RepeaterBook.

Those last three - I can use my phone as an amateur radio transceiver.

Keith said...

OBC has a blue S3 and I love it. He doesn't use it as a smart phone though which is a waste of a resource. I still love my S2, especially the camera which is capable of producing some stunning results. Try pudding camera for a little fun.

Anonymous said...

It seems you have the title backwards. Isn't it republicans that want less government, abd democrats that want more? So... Not sure how you came up with this correlation.