Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Francalm Before the Frankenstorm

Waiting , waiting, waiting...

Subways, buses and therefore, the whole "city that doesn't sleep" is closing in anticipation... Mass transit ran for decades through all kinds of weather... But now a media saavy Governor and Mayor love to get in front of the cameras and do all kinds supposed leadership stuff... 

Yes, yes... Better safe than sorry... I get it...

But to close the whole city? Not even a single bus on any avenue in midtown Manhattan?

Meantime... I had registered for the Text message Emergency Alerty System... And now, I'm sorry I did...

Twelve times now, my cell phone screams a warning to evacuate Zone A. I'm not in Zone A... ..

Really? Over and over and over??

Each time I hit OK... which means I got the message then five minutes later it screams again...

I guess they want people to just turn the whole phone off... And figure how to get off the damned system...

Is that what they want??

As of now, with Hurricane Sandy: No rain, no pain... No wind, no nothing...


The Frankencalm before the Frankenstorm?

No comments: