Saturday, February 08, 2014

Hoodie Guy Here

"I really need a day between Saturday and Sunday." - Bill Murray, tweeted that.

Photo by me, of my view from work one of these recent work days...

Just back from Trader Joe's... For a $200 run... Much higher than my normal run, But everything seems to have gone up... Everything goes up, but my salary...

Nuts? Really way up in cost. I blame Dr Oz.


I worry about Philip Seymour Hoffman's three kids. May they find peace, acceptance, and closure... And may Mr Hoffman rest in peace.

Cold morning... But I'm happy in my hoodie. Some lady walking her dogs walked by and pointed out, "you aren't dressed warm enough" I pointed out that she was ugly. (Not really. Just sayin).

I'm a hoodie guy! And an iced coffee guy. I run hot. Leave me alone.

Super Bowl is gone from the area... No evidence that it was even here. Good riddance to all that midtown mess. New York City is not the place for Super Bowls or Republican National Conventions...

Kudos to Bill de Blasio for decision to boycott St. Patrick's Day parade. He cites ban on pro-gay signs and banners. And a no homos allowed policy for decades. Contrast that with 12 years with Mike Bloomberg marching along and and showing his tacit support of hate. 

Joe Biden making news this week that he's poised to run if Hillary doesn't... I'm not absolutely sure she's gonna run. Are you?

Been enjoying Star Trek: Next Generation on Hulu Plus... I never watched that whole series... Had seen enough of it over the years to know the characters and the gist... But there's plenty new to me. I gotta confess that I fast forward through all those Holo Deck excuses to pull out period earthly Paramount costumes and sets... Cheap and dumb. 

Actually some of these episodes are similar to the 60's series in silliness... And some of these aliens look like they wandered over from Irwin Allen's Lost in Space...

But I persevere... It's mid-winter mental candy...

And this has been a long harsh winter. For someone that spends as much time as I do out and about traveling between sites, it could be argued that it's been a brutal winter... I blame de Blasio for dropping the damned groundhog last weekend.

Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter at Gobbler's Knob in PA last week. My fave is still Staten Island Chuck cuz he bit Bloomberg once...

Pass my hoodie and iced coffee... And let the weekend begin...

No comments: