Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer 2014: Well in Progress

Only one week left til July ends, August begins, and the September return-to-work looms... Day at a time...

Already been to the beach twice... For five days each... Weather was gorgeous for the first trip... Not so gorgeous for the second, but salvageable...

Off to Helldersburg next week... Crabs, hon. Folks, hon. I thank God everyday for their continuing good health and independence... The folks, not the crabs.

In the meanwhile... Went to Brooklyn Museum, and Brooklyn Botanic Garden  to see Sue. And we strolled through Prospect Heights and sampled the Salted Crack Caramel at Ample Hills Creamery. Amazing... Very sweet top, with a bitter crunchy bottom bite... You gotta try this...

Weiwei was Mehmeh, IMHO.

As is customary, in the summer I get involved browsing Etsy and Ebay and collecting collectibles.

I desperately need to reorganize my lone curio tower and install risers to get as much in there as possible...

I'd love to get ALL things Pinocchio in there... Getting weary of the scattered approach to the collection...

Not enough room in this apartment... Or something...

Leather couch is wearing... The pity of it, is the whole thing is tip top... Just the tops of the seat cushions are cracking and tearing... But an easy fix is not easy...  Decorator Dan is helping gather information from various vendors and suppliers, and latest plot is to redo the top panel of each seat cushion...

IF this can be done, and if the estimate works out... Lisa chides: "Just get a new couch"... We'll see.

So, I'm reading an article on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I'm obsessing at the moment...

Meantime... my Swatch lost 20 minutes... A sign of a dying battery?? Or time to get a new watch... More and more, people choose to forgo the watch using their smartphone as a timepiece... I'm thinking...

I got a zillion tasks yet to accomplish inside the apartment and I want to knock off at least a billion of them today...

No comments: